Welcome to the Inaugural In Vivo Engineering of Therapeutic Cells Summit
In recent years, ex vivo cell and gene therapy has been a huge success. They have shown a clear curative potential, but this approach has numerous disadvantages regarding cost, production time, manufacturing delay and more. To overcome these issues the field is looking to produce in vivo engineered cell and gene therapies that will benefit a greater number of patients in need worldwide.
Over the past year a huge number of companies have begun to invest in these in vivo approaches and many biotech start-ups have emerged that are entirely focused on this area of research including Capstan Therapeutics & EsoBiotec.
The inaugural In Vivo Engineering of Therapeutic Cells Summit ran on July 12-14, 2022, to connect with the pioneers of the in vivo approach and to discuss strategies to tackle the challenges of delivery, targeting and specificity.
Key reasons the cell & gene industries attended:
- Discuss the next frontier of cell and gene therapy to answer why your company should also enter this lucrative field
- Tackle the challenges of ex vivo CAR T engineering by moving in vivo
- Leverage best-in-class delivery modalities to enhance transfection efficiency
- Optimize approaches to enhance target cell specificity, reducing off-target effects
- Discover cutting-edge genetic engineering strategies to improve payload function
“I am looking forward to exploring the frontier of the unique opportunities and challenges for in vivo gene therapy”
Cory Bentley, SVP, Head of R&D, Abintus Bio